Friday 30 January 2015

Colorwash exercise

Dear friends,

I allways wanted to sew a colorwash quilt. So during the last days I spent some time looking at wonderful quilts in the web, just to get some inspirantion.

Since it is my first attempt, I decided to get small. First I had to grab all my fabrics and divide them into colors. What I found was usually done in 2" blocks, I cut mine in 1 1/2". So with all my tiny bits I sat in front of my design wall and stardet playing around.

This is the first result:

It is 11 by 10 blocks. After that I decided that I wanted it square, so I added one more row on the top and changed just some blocks on the buttom purple section. And here is the final result:

It is about 12" square, a bit wonky, but after quiltin I'll square it. Now I'm hand quilting it, probably very soon I'll show you the finished piece.
Have a nice week-end. Hugs.
Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment