TODAY I'LL SHOW YOU MY SECOND NEW PROJECT FOR THIS YEAR. IT CAME TO ME BY CHANCE WITH AN EMAIL THIS MORNING. I GOT IT FROM QUILT AROUND THE WORLD WITH A FANTASTIC PROJECT AND THE IDEA STARTED TAKING SHAPE VERY FAST.
I DECIDED TO PARTICIPATE AND CREATE A 9" BLOCK ABOUT THE 9 AZOREAN ISLANDS, THE ARCHIPELAGO WHERE I HAPPILY LIVE. EACH ISLAND HAS A COLOR GIVEN TO IT FROM A SPECIFIC CARACTER.
THE ARCHIPELAGO IS DIVIDED INTO THREE GROUPS:
- EASTERN GROUP WITH SAO MIGUEL AND SANTA MARIA
- CENTRAL GROUP WITH TERCEIRA, GRACIOSA, SAO JORGE, PICO AND FAIAL
- WESTERN GROUP WITH FLORES AND CORVO
THIS ARE THE COLORS FOR EACH ISLAND:
- SANTA MARIA - YELLOW- DUE TO THE BROOM FLOWERING THERE
- SAO MIGUEL - GREEN - DUE TO THE FIELDS AND WOODS
- TERCEIRA - PURPLE - DUE TO THE WISTERIA AND LILAC TRELLIS
- GRACIOSA - WHITE - DUE TO THE WHITE STONES
- SAO JORGE - BROWN - DUE TO THE ROCKS AT PONTA DOS ROSAIS
- PICO - GREY - DUE TO THE MOUNTAIN
- FAIAL - BLUE - DUE TO THE BLUE HYDRANGEAS
- FLORES - PINK - DUE TO THE AZALEAS
- CORVO - BLACK - DUE TO THE LAVA AND THE DRY WALLS DIVIDING THE FIELDS
AFTER ALL THIS INFORMATIONS HERE IS THE LAYOUT:
NOW I JUST HAVE TO APPLIQUÉ THE CIRCLES AND SEW THE SQUARES TOGETHER. SOON THE FINISHED PIECE WILL BE SHOWN.
First post for this new year and already a new project to show. I decided that this year I'll try to avoid buying clothes, although I'm not a shopping addicted, but in fact who need s all the clothes in their closets?
But I decided too that I could sew some special and unique clothes. So, my first project will be a tunica, but a very special tunica. I took inspiration here and bought this book. The idea is to create my own clothes collection.
For the tunica I started assembling scraps of Liberty fabrics and will then sew them together to a large piece of fabric and after that sew my tunica (the patchwork will only be in the front).
They already look great, but I will rearrange them, this is just to get the feeling.
I'm very happy and proud to show you my finished scrappy Cappuccino Quilt. After sewing the blocks, which was very fast, I decided to quilt it by hand. I started with a very small circle in the middle of the quilt and went on quilting bigger and bigger circles. The binding is done out of small scraps too. As you notice I used a dark brown and a gold shiny fabric to give it a more luxurious touch. Here is the final result.