Tuesday 19 June 2012

Civil War Block of the Week

Hi friends,
finally my Civil War BOW is completed!! Today I added the border and this is the result

Each block is 4 1/2", for a total of 100 blocks. It was great fun waiting for Saturdays, discover the new block, reduce it and try to sew it well. I'm very happy with the result. Now I just need a lovely backing fabric (probably I'll have a look at Zara) and start with the quilting. I still have to make up my decision if handquilt or machinequilt. What do you suggest?
Thanks for visiting and hugs.
Pink

3 comments:

  1. Your work is always so neat and accurate. And you have a remarkable ability to stay focused on one project. Some days you are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations.... your Civil War quilt turned out GORGEOUS! I love the layout you designed for this and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quilt! I just finished my blocks and now I am waiting for sashing and border fabric so I can have a finished Civil War Quilt.

    Karin på Ösäter

    http://karinpaosater.blogg.se/

    ReplyDelete